Pet food company WANTS salmonella allowed in pet food?

Okay, wait a minute.  So this company is claiming that some bacteria traces of Salmonella are okay for our pets.  This company is suing the FDA.  What are you thoughts, comment below.

Here are my thoughts.  No way, it's BACTERIA!  Although as I say it out loud (yes I speak out loud when I type) animals do lick their own butts, which I am sure has plenty of bacteria.  But I still can't see purposely giving an animal a product with Salmonella in it.

The company continues on in the article to defend itself saying that it offers a disclaimer that it is not for human consumption. Whoopee... I still know plenty of idiots that will eat pet food. Labels and warnings do not stop everyone they just CYA the company for anything that may occur from consumption.  But they are claiming that the "agency's intolerance of Salmonella contamination violates the U.S. Constitution". I suddenly feel like I need to update my Constitution knowledge.

Okay I am back. I have no idea what claim to a violation of rights they are referring to.  The only far fetch, they must have a creative lawyer, violation that I could possibly imagine is they are trying to say we have the freedom to feed our pets what ever we want?  Seriously that is a shot in the dark.

Let's dig into that theory.

WARNING this may get gross.

So if I can feed my animal anything, instead of a septic pump can my animals just feed off human waste?  What about trash?  Instead of landfills should we just compost all leftovers and feed to the animals?  Food that has spoiled, sure just throw it out in the dog's bowl.  What about all the food recalls? Can we send them to a processing plant to turn into pet food? Wait a minute I am starting to get new business ideas...My point is this is crazy to me, let our poor pets have good healthy food.

FDA regulations need to stay and personally I think they need to tighten up.  If you would like to read more from this article click here.

Also, if you are interested in becoming ServSafe certified hit me up at parksservsafe@gmail.com




Beach, Coral. “Pet Food Firm Sues FDA; Wants Some Salmonella to Be Allowed.” Food Safety News, 29 July 2019, www.foodsafetynews.com/2019/07/pet-food-firm-sues-fda-wants-some-salmonella-to-be-allowed/#more-186711.

Comments

Popular Posts