Allergens in the Meatballs Beware!

Hey Ya'll! If you read my previous post about allergens then you will enjoy this read.  No disease carrying bacteria here.  Just some good fashion factory putting the wrong meatball in the bag and mislabeling it.  Some of you may think that is not a big deal but if you have a food allergy then you are ragging write now.

This company figured it out after customers complained about the meatballs being mislabeled for the "Cranberry Stuffed Meatballs" instead of the "Homestyle All Natural".  The problem is the product contains milk and wheat which is not included on the label.

So pop open the freezers and check the date of this brand of meatballs.  The company is urging everyone to throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.

Many states were involved including: Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Rhode Island.

48-oz. plastic bag packages of “COOKED PERFECT BRAND HOMESTYLE MEATBALLS All Natural” and Best If Used By 07/02/20.

I feel like when we throw this stuff away or return we should be able to at least get a coupon for a free bag.  I mean we are throwing away not only money but food.  We need both of these things to survive.  Don't judge me, I know food, shelter and water are the 3 basic necessities, but I need some money to pay for those necessities. I urge everyone when you have to throw away a recall to write the company and see what happens. I use to have an assignment to my 9th grade students in Health when were on the consumer health unit.  I would have them write companies a letter telling them either positive, negative or both reviews about a product.  Yes it was in handwritten letter format with return address, salutation and all. I even had them address the envelope properly.  Many companies wrote back and some companies sent samples.  It was awesome to read the responses from the companies.  So I challenge you to do the same.

Let's take the next step in being better consumers and use our voices to help make their companies better. Comment below and let me know how it goes.

For more information about getting ServSafe certified email me or use the contact form on the blog.


Comments

Popular Posts