Peanuts in the chocolate chip cookie dough. Watch out nut allergies!

The crazy thing about this report is that not only did some peanuts magically fall in the mix but that the employee ate some and that's how they knew.  Never mind the Quality Assurance Team or the FDA.  An employee is taste testing some product and BOOM peanuts.  Thankfully the employee did not suffer from a peanut allergy or there may be a lawsuit on the companies hands.

That leads me to one of my tangents. If you are an advent reader of my blog then you know this is where I share my thoughts and concerns in hope that you will comment below or at least laugh out loud.

So raw cookie dough was the cause to a 20 lb weight gain freshman year of college. Along with binge watching Golden Girls reruns.  It came in a tub from Sam's Club and I ate it by the spoonful until I was full.  Like meals of cookie dough, I know...I know...As I grew up and out, I learned of the dangers in raw dough so I learned to cook them just enough to kill the bacteria but still hold that same great flavor.  Now fast forward, with my obvious addiction to chocolate chip I make cookies for my daughter's friends that come over. All of a sudden, a child starts having troubles breathing and looks like they are having an allergic reaction.  But to what there are no peanuts in these cookies? Or are there?

Now the last part never happened to me personally but it could have.  My best friend's son is allergic to peanuts and this story breaks my heart. If it was not for that employee having the same addiction as me to raw cookie dough this story could be occurring to some poor child.

I think everyone knows the moral to the story. Bake from scratch, trust no one.

Here are the states that the cookie dough was sent: Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, and West Virginia. The picture of the cookie dough above is the actual picture of the contaminated product. I hope this company had their Quality Assurance team step up their game.  I hope all companies have employees that are ServSafe and HAACP certified.  Knowledge is power people.


Comments

Popular Posts